I had been on the fence with menstrual cups for a few months and felt like a failure every time the time of the month arrived. But at last, I’ve been able to make the switch. And I’m so proud. 🙂
There’s a growing mountain of menstrual waste, which is toxic for our environment. It was something I was contributing to every month in a major way and I hated that. It dint help that none of the people I know use reusable cloth pads or menstrual cups (except this one amazing girl who I asked all kinds of weird questions). Typical responses to menstrual cups range from eeuw…so icky! to Who’d wash em? Who’d touch that thing?!
I too had the inhibition for far too long. But I’m glad to have finally overcome it. I am so in love with it now! Apart from the great, great high of not contributing to the harm disposable plastic pads & tampons cause to the environment, here are a few other reasons I love using this product:
- Have to deal with emplty-clean-reuse cycle only twice a day. So for 12 hours straight I can forget I’m on my periods. And by forget I mean absolutely forget. Because it leaves no sign!
- No leakages.I got used to the cup in about 2 days and now I don’t have to deal with leakages at all.
- Can enter the pool and not worry about a thing.
- No smell! That’s such a great advantage.
- Contrary to what I earlier imagined, this is much more hygienic & cleaner to use than pads. Also, no rashes!
- No icky dryness/wetness feeling all day.
- Quickest solution, once you get the hang of it. No need to carry replacement around, figure out disposing methods while traveling, etc.
I only wish I had the good sense of using it sooner! Go ahead and try it out, you will not regret it!